Terms and Conditions
My Doctor Shop Ltd Terms and Conditions of Business
It is very important that you read and understand the terms and conditions of business, below.
Acceptance of Orders
- These Terms and Conditions shall apply to all orders for goods received by My Doctor Shop Ltd 'the Company' for supply in the United Kingdom. No other conditions whether or not inconsistent with these Terms and Conditions shall apply.
- Each order for goods via Phone, email or our website will be deemed to be an accepted order by the customer to purchase the goods upon these Terms and Conditions.
- Unless we have notified you that we have not accepted your order, or you have cancelled the order before you have received our dispatch confirmation email.
- All Contracts are subject to these Terms and Conditions.No variation of these Terms and Conditions will be accepted by the Company unless previously agreed in writing. The Company reserves the right to refuse any Order without providing a reason.
- Orders for pharmaceuticals or Prescription Only Medicines ('POM') are accepted on a 30 day invoice account only. All new accounts will require a BMA registered Doctor or Prescribing Nurse's signature.
- All controlled drugs, being any substance as listed in Schedule 2 of The Misuse of Drugs Act 1971 and Schedule 1 to 5 of The Misuse of Drugs Regulations 2001 (as amended from time to time) will require a Doctors' signature to be received with each order request.
- Goods are subject to availability, in the event that we are unable to supply the goods, we will inform you of this as soon as possible. An alternative will be offered or a full refund will be given where payment has already been received by the Company for those Goods.
DETAILS AND SPECIFICATIONS OF PRODUCTS AND SERVICES
5.2) The Company may, at its sole discretion, accept payments by credit, debit card or BACS.
5.3) For account customers, payment of the full invoiced amount or any amounts outstanding should be cleared within in 30 days of the date of the Company’s invoice unless a different time for payment is specifically agreed between the parties in writing. Payment must be made without set-off or credit. Credit facilities will be withdrawn immediately if payment terms are not adhered to.
5.4) If any sum payable is not paid when due for example, by failure of the direct debit payment, that sum will bear interest from the due date until payment is made in full at 4% above Lloyds Bank Plc base rate. Where the circumstances of the parties are such that the Late Payment of Commercial Debts Act 1998 is applicable, the Company may choose to charge interest at the maximum rate permissible under that Act. The customer shall also indemnify the Company against expenditure on all costs of recovery including without limitation legal fees, costs and disbursements reasonably incurred. Any banking charges incurred by the Company in respect of dishonoured cheques will be payable by the Customer. The Company will be entitled to suspend delivery of subsequent Orders and any agreed discounts until the outstanding amount has been received.
CANCELLATION OF ORDERS
All orders placed before 16.00 PM on Monday to Friday for in stock items will be dispatched the following working day.
For out of stock items an estimated delivery date will be provided, subject to manufacturers lead times. Delivery is free of charge on orders over £100.00 Ex VAT (£120.00 Inc VAT) within mainland UK (Certain hard to reach areas may incur a courier surcharge)
All international & European orders, delivery charges will be quoted at time of order confirmation. All orders below £100.00 Ex VAT (£120.00 Inc Vat) will be subject to a delivery charge of £9.99 Ex VAT. Additional surcharges may apply if delivery is to offshore islands, including Northern Ireland, and to various Scottish postcodes north of Glasgow / Edinburgh. My doctor Shop Ltd will seek confirmation from the customer that any adjustment to the quoted cost of carriage is acceptable, prior to despatching the order.
Please note that some medical instruments and equipment could have a manufacturer’s lead time of 10 Plus working days.
Please note: Should you require delivery to an address other than the billing address, or have special delivery instructions, please ensure that the correct information is provided at the time of placing the ordering. If you provide the incorrect address details, your order may be delayed. We reserve the right to only deliver to the billing address.
Deliveries will be made to the reception desk and/or ground floor at the Customer's stated delivery address. Any special delivery requirements or difficulties in delivering (e.g. narrow doorways, stairs, and restricted access) should be made known to the Company at the time of placing the Order and may be subject to additional costs. The Company cannot accept responsibility for any difficulties in delivery as a consequence of information or lack of information supplied by the customer.
All Orders will be despatched by the most appropriate route. Where a customer suggests an alternative route or places an Order outside the normal schedule, the Company shall have the right to charge the entire cost of delivery, irrespective of the value of the Order.
In the event of NON DELIVERY, after receiving dispatch confirmation from My Doctor Shop, you are under obligation to report this to My Doctor Shop Ltd within 3 working days, otherwise no claim will be considered and the customer will be liable to the full monies owed of the purchase order.
RETENTION OF TITLE
8.2 Until such time as title of the goods shall pass to the customer in accordance with the foregoing provision, the Company shall be entitled at any time to repossess the goods whether with or without notice and the Company and its employees or agents shall have the right at any time to enter upon the premises of the Customer for the purpose of effecting such repossession.
WARRANTY AND WARRANTY PERIOD
10.2 In the event that an item is defective within the meaning of the Sale of Goods Act 1979 (as amended from time to time) the Company reserves the right to replace or repair the goods as an alternative to refunding the purchase price, at its absolute discretion.
10.3 Claims will not be considered where:
10.3.1 The goods have been improperly altered in any way whatsoever, or been subject to misuse or unauthorised repair or damage.
10.3.2 The goods have been improperly installed or connected;
10.3.3 The goods have been opened, partly used or the seals or labels have been removed or tampered with;
10.3.4 The goods have been damaged by fire, water, smoke or chemicals;
10.3.5 Any maintenance requirements relating to the goods have not been complied with;
10.3.6 The goods have been specifically ordered by the Customer and are not stocked by the Company;
10.3.7 Any instructions as to the storage of the goods have not been complied with in all respects, Products like single use instruments, sterile, used for internal examinations, which can get contaminated if taken out of packaging, specially ordered in items, made to your specification, autoclaves, fridge/freezers, cold chain items, pharmaceuticals cannot under any circumstances be returned except to rectify a picking error.
10.3.8 the Customer has failed to notify the Company of any visible or suspected defects or damage within 3 days of delivery where the defect or damage should be apparent on reasonable inspection, or within 5 days of the same coming to the knowledge of the Customer where the defect or damage is not one which should be apparent on reasonable inspection.
10.4 Any returned goods, if accepted must be accompanied by a returns note, which the Company will supply to the Customer. Failure to do so will render any claim for credit null and void. Any credit will only be raised after satisfactorily passing inspection by the Company's distribution centre.
10.5 The complete packaging should be retained if pilfering is suspected or if a breakage has occurred. If pilfering is suspected the Company and the carriers should be notified immediately within 24 hours. Claims cannot be considered unless these conditions are observed.
10.6 Except as set out in this condition 10, the Company hereby excludes to the fullest extent permissible in law, all conditions, warranties and stipulations, express (other than those set out in the Contract) or implied, statutory, customary or otherwise which, but for such exclusion, would or might subsist favour of the Customer.
11.2 Any orders that are not to main land UK may incur additional costs. These will be advised to the Customer prior to the Order being despatched.
11.3 Goods shipped direct from suppliers may be subject to additional carriage charges. Any additional charges will be advised prior to the Order being despatched to the Customer.
11.4 Orders can only be despatched to addresses within the United Kingdom and the Irish Republic.
11.5 If products have been agreed by the company for return, the customer will have to arrange a safe and secure courier method at their expense please note clause 13.4.
In the event of non-arrival of goods, Customers must inform the Company within 3 days of the date of the invoice or advice of despatch, otherwise no claim can be considered.
13. NON FAULTY RETURNED GOODS
13.1 Goods are not supplied on a sale or return basis. If any Goods are returned, the Goods must be unused and in original packaging and fit for resale. Returns will only be accepted with prior written permission of the Company. This must be obtained within 3 working days of date of despatch.
13.1.1 In the event of Customer not being entirely satisfied with any goods received, notification must be made in accordance with condition 10. Failure to do so will result in credit/refunds not being issued.
13.1.2 Items made to Customer's own specification or have been specifically ordered will not be accepted for return unless faulty in accordance with condition 10. Unless agreed with supplier such returns are subject to any charges and transit costs imposed by suppliers.
13.1.3 The Company accepts no responsibility for goods lost during transit.
13.1.4 No replacements are available whilst goods are exchanged, replaced or repaired.
13.1.5 Goods will not be acceptable for return if they have been relabelled or used in any way, or if any tamper evident seals have been broken or damaged in anyway. A returns note in accordance with condition 10.4 needs to be provided by the customer in connection with all returns of non-faulty goods.
13.1.6 Temperature controlled and pharmaceutical items will be accepted to correct defects and delivery errors only. In such cases the goods must be stored according to Manufacturer’s instructions.
13.2 Credits will normally be allowed on authorised returns as follows:
13.2.1 Goods authorised for return within 3 working days of despatch - 100% allowance.
13.2.2 Any other goods - no allowance.
13.2.3 Customers outside of the UK, 3 day rule applies from date of receipt not despatch.
13.3 Non faulty goods accepted at the Company's discretion for credit will be subject to a handling charge at a rate of 25% on net invoice value or a minimum of handling charge of £15.00.
13.4 Any goods accepted for returns, should be returned by the customer in a safe and secure manner, as the customer will be held responsible if damaged product is returned and will have to pay the cost of the product in full.
LIABILITY OF THE COMPANY
14.1.1 Any of the goods, or the manufacture or sale or supply, or failure or delay in supply, of the goods by the Company or on the part of the Company's employees, agents or sub-contractors;
14.1.2 Any breach by the Company of any of the express or implied terms of the contract with the Customer;
14.1.3 Any use made or resale by the Customer of any of the goods, or of any product incorporating any of the goods; or
14.1.4 Any statement made or not made, or advice given or not given, by or on behalf of the Company or otherwise under a Contract and these Terms and Conditions.
14.2 The Company does not exclude its liability (if any) to the Customer for:
14.2.1 for breach of the Company's obligations arising under section 12 Sale of Goods Act 1979 or section 2 Sale and Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982;
14.2.2 for personal injury or death resulting from the Company's negligence;
14.2.3 under section 2(3) Consumer Protection Act 1987;
14.2.4 For any matter which it would be illegal for the Company to exclude (or to attempt to exclude) its liability; or:
14.2.5 for fraud.
16. CUSTOMERS DEALING AS CONSUMERS
Where a Customer 'deals as a consumer' as defined in Section 12(1) of the Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977 (as amended) these Terms and Conditions are subject to the Consumer's statutory rights, including but not limited to the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000. The Company shall in no way be entitled to exclude or limit such statutory rights.
ADDITIONAL TERMS FOR OUR PRICE BEAT PROMISE
1. The product must be new and the same make, model and specification.
2. The product must be for sale within the UK.
3. Products advertised on auction websites or classified advertisements are excluded from the Promise.
4. The product must be available for delivery in the same timescale as from Williams Medical Supplies.
5. We require evidence of the lower price (this may be a website address, flyer, catalogue or advertisement).
6. Our pharmaceutical range is excluded from the Price Beat Promise.
7. We reserve the right to vary or withdraw the Price Beat Promise at any time.
ADDITIONAL TERMS FOR COMPETITION ENTRIES
My Doctor Shop organises frequent competitions. The following terms are general to all competitions, although some additional terms may apply to specific competitions. If you enter any of our competitions, it is assumed that you have read and agree to these.
1. To enter a competition you must be at least 18 years of age and a resident of the United Kingdom.
2. Competitions are not open to employees of Williams Medical Supplies Ltd, its subsidiary companies or members of their immediate family.
3. No purchase is necessary.
4. Only one entry per person is allowed.
5. The prize is not transferrable to another person.
6. No part of any prize is exchangeable for cash or any other prize.
7. Incorrectly completed or incomplete entries will be disqualified.
8. If any given prize is not available, we reserve the right to offer an alternative prize of equal or greater value.
9. Any entries received after a competition's closing date will not be entered.
10. A full list of winners for a competition can be requested by sending a stamped addressed envelope to: